Global Claims Manager
JAG International Inc. is looking to fill the position of Global Claims Manager. This position may evolve based both on your personal strengths and the changing demands in the field, territories and types of claims you will be responsible for handling.
Our company, JAG International Inc (www.jag-intl.com) is hired by US insurance companies to assist in adjusting workers’ compensation claims that arise under the jurisdiction of USL&H and its extensions (primarily Defense Base Act aka DBA). We effectively function as the insurance carrier’s ground operatives and execute as an additional layer in the claims management process. We may be asked to handle a file at the onset of a claim or at any point thereafter.
Our clients are usually the insurance carrier or their Third Party Administrator (TPA). The carrier or TPA will decide when our services are needed and outline the extent of services to be provided. It is important to establish the parameters of the file assignment with the carrier to ensure we operate within the scope of the services requested/needed on a particular claim. Your ability to communicate effectively and often with carrier reps, defense counsel and your JAG teammates (both domestically and abroad), etc… is essential to keeping our assigned claims progressing towards resolution.
Position Title: Global Claims Manager
Reports to: Global Claims
Director Supervises: Field Case Managers/Agents
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Global Claims Manager, our Field Case Managers/Agents will take instructions from you and report to you. Every file assignment is unique, so our Case Managers depend on the management team to guide them through their task assignments on each case. Most assignments generally include a variation of investigation and/or medical case management components and always require an organized and detail-oriented approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management/Leadership (50 %)
- Communicating with and managing the designated “field”, who are responsible for delivering on our global ground operations (coms with claimant and/or treating physicians via in person/remote medical case management, investigations, and litigation support)
- Engage in regular file reviews and/or training calls/meetings with your “Field” and JAG management team(s)
- Occasional Travel: Conferences and/or Client Meetings
- Keeping files on track and reporting to the client: We have a series of standard reports that managers are in charge of either drafting entirely or finalizing and sending to the client
- Medical Providers: Working with and further developing our network of medical professionals to ensure the claimant receives the best possible medical attention. Reviewing and editing all medical reports as needed to ensure they are well written, include all necessary information and are delivered in a timely fashion
- Claim Resolution: Work with all parties to ensure claims resolution is reached efficiently and timely
- Managing / Tracking your Time and Expenses via entering data in our proprietary database (JAGBase)
- Managing and updating files on JAGBase
- Document handling/management
- Manage +/- 40 Diaries Per Day
- Calculate Comp Rates and Manage Payment Schedules for Disability Comp
- Expert in Claims Lifecycle develop a Complete Resolution Plan at onset of Claim
- Experience in the Field: Investigations, Statements, AMA Ratings, Setting up IMEs, etc.
- Funds Tracking: Draft Estimated Budget and Tracking Expenses
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands/conditions described below are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Sitting at a desk for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
Answering or making calls on the telephone for sometimes long and continuous periodsof time
Using a keyboard to perform research, and to communicate through written means forsometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Looking at a computer monitor for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Occasionally standing, walking, reaching, and stooping
- Lifting up to 15 Ibs
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels
Incumbents must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures as established in the Company’s Employee Handbook. Incumbents will also contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner such that they get along with all constituent groups, co-workers, and management.
In addition, the education, experience, and other skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- College Degree
- 5-10 Years of Federal Claims Handling; or
- Management Experience.
Key Skills Set
- Strong Networking Abilities
- Significant Experience Report Writing with Impeccable Attention to Detail
- Existing Network of Forensic Doctors / Expert Witnesses (primarily psych and ortho)
- Customer Service Oriented
- Take Extreme Pride in Work (and Company Brand)
- Highly Accountable and Dependable
- Strong Critical Thinker
- Obsessively Organized
Equipment and Applications
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suites (Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, Powerpoint)
- Experience using a database (CRM or CMS) to track time, tasks, and information
Please send all inquiries along with your resume to Chris Walker at email@example.com.