Global Claims Coordinator
JAG International Inc. (www.jag-intl.com) is looking to fill the position of Global Claims Coordinator. The position may evolve based both on your personal strengths and the changing demands of our company.
Our company, JAG International Inc. (www.jag-intl.com), is hired by US insurance companies to assist in adjusting workers’ compensation claims that arise under the jurisdiction of USL&H and its extensions (primarily Defense Base Act – commonly referred to as DBA). We effectively function as the insurance carrier’s boots on the ground abroad and assist in their claims management process.
Our clients, usually the insurance carrier or their Third Party Adjuster (TPA), decides when our services are needed and outlines the extent of services to be provided. It is important to establish the parameters of the file assignment with the carrier to ensure we operate within the scope of the services requested/needed on a particular claim. Your ability to assist us with keeping files on track and moving forward is essential to our company’s growth and brand establishment and preservation.
Position Title: Global Claims Coordinator
Reports to: Global Claims Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Global Claims Coordinator, you will engage with both management and our panel of international contractors on a daily basis. Our team is our strength, so being able to function in a team-oriented work environment is paramount. While some claim assignments are very similar in scope, many present unique challenges and require your close oversight and attention to detail
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with Marketing Projects/Events
Investigation Based Tasks (30%)
- Update Claim Information in our Database (CRM QuickBase)
- Manage Various Assignment Tasks/Workflows with
- Medical Case Management
- Litigation Support
- Manage approximately 30-60 tasks (aka diaries) per day
- Track your Billable Time, Tasks
- Edit and/or Draft a Variety of Reports
- New Assignment
- Social Media/Background Checks
- Statement Summary
- Constant Phone / Email / Chat (Slack, WhatsApp, Viber) Communication with your Teammates (both domestic and international)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands/conditions described below are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Sitting at a desk for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Answering or making calls on the telephone for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Using a keyboard to perform research, and to communicate through written means for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Looking at a computer monitor for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Occasionally standing, walking, reaching, and stooping
- Lifting up to 15 Ibs
Incumbents must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures as established in the Company’s Employee Handbook. Incumbents will also contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner such that they get along with all constituent groups, co-workers, and management.
In addition, the education, experience, and other skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- College Degree
- 2+ Years Work Experience
Key Skills Set
- Proficient in Other Language(s)
- Strong Online Research Skills and Ability to Maneuver Through Social Media Websites
- Strong Written & Verbal Skills
- Positive Attitude/Customer Service Oriented
- Reliability / Dependability
- Excellent Organizational Skills/Ability to Manage Tasks and Schedules
- Excited to Learn/Ability to Take Constructive Criticism
- Curiosity & Open-Mindedness Towards Other Cultures and Traditions
- Patience (Vastly Different Pace of Play in Other Countries)
- Critical Thinking & Confidence to Provide Recommendations forImprovements/Efficiencies
- Proficient in Other Languages
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suites (Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint)
- Experience using a database (CRM or CMS) to track time, tasks, information
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Chris Walker at CWalker@jag-intl.com